Utilizing experiential, contemplative, and traditional approaches, the Professional School Counseling program at Appalachian State University prepares its graduates to be distinguished counseling professionals in their schools.
About Our Program
- 60 Credit Hours
- CACREP Accredited
- Graduate Assistantships
- Unique Course Offerings - 1 of 3 schools that offer Equine Assisted Therapy courses!
- Cohort Model
- LPC Preparation - our faculty members are dually licensed as school counselors and LPC's.
- Research Opportunities
- Scholarly Writing Options
- We are an APT approved provider!
We Also Offer...
- Advanced Graduate Certificates in:
- Expressive Arts
- Multicultural Therapy
You WILL Be Ready!
- 97% of graduates seeking employment in helping professions or doctoral programs were placed within 120 days of graduation
- Nearly 20% hired as PSCs before graduation
- 96% pass rate each semester on the NCE
- 95% pass rate each year on the CPCE (for the last 5 years)
- 100% pass rate each year on the Praxis. (for the last 5 years)
- 3% successfully pursued doctoral studies
"I felt that the faculty at App State truly cared about my well-being and success." - Swathi Prabhu, class of 2017
"I chose App for the focus on multicultural issues as well as the wide array of electives, I could make the program my own." - Emily Simpson, class of 2016
"Immediately I felt an atmosphere of progressive thinking and positive regard from the faculty and current students at Appalachian." - Campbell Dean, class of 2017
"Appalachian was my perfect fit!" - This Could Be You!
Come visit and see for yourself the incredible opportunities that App State has to offer!