|Dr. Jill Van Horne|
- 336B College of Education
- PhD, LPCS, NCC, RPT, EACALA Certified
- Director of the PSC program, she received her PhD in Counseling from UNC Charlotte with a certificate in play therapy and has 16 years of combined school counseling and clinical mental health counseling experience. She is an Equine Assisted Therapist and a Registered Play Therapist.
|Dr. Glenda Johnson |
- 336E College of Education
- PhD, LPSC, LPC
- Assistant professor in the PSC program, she has worked in the state of Texas as a school counselor for 17 years, teacher of students who are deaf or hard-of-hearing for 7 years, and part-time LPC for 3.5 years. Her research interests include the counseling needs of students at-risk of dropping out of high school and mentoring needs of new counselors.
| || Dr. Lee Baruth|
- 304C College of Education
We are excited to welcome Dr. Lucy L. Purgason to our PSC facutly and staff as an Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2017!
|Dr. Lucy L. Purgason|
- PhD, NCC, NCLSC, ACS
- Assistant professor in the PSC program, she earned her PhD in Counseling and Counselor Education from UNC-Greensboro, she spent 5 years as a school counselor at the elementary and high school levels. Her research interests focus on understanding the importance of relationships for immigrant and refugee students, and students of other underrepresented groups.
Lucy is looking forward to being back in her home state and hiking and exploring with her husband and son. She is excited to make connections in and and across the Appalachian State Community and we could not be more excited to welcome her aboard!