Former graduates have recommended:
- Slow down. Don't fast-track through the program.
- Take electives. Don't limit yourself to just the required courses.
- There is so much to be learned!
- Be a graduate assistant (GA). This is a very good way to get connected with other students,
- and get to know the department, program and faculty.
- Ask questions...lots of questions.
- Develop an overall plan; organize your semesters on paper...this will help you formulate questions.
- Use your Program Checklist! Participate in the PSC Mentor Program.
- Use your advisor..be proactive, contact them, ask questions, and keep in touch!